Friday, June 29, 2012

Nut and Seed Butters

I spent yesterday afternoon at Christina's house making peanut butter and sunflower seed butter in her food processor.  Thank you for the lesson, Christina!  It was as easy as could be, and cheaper than buying natural butters in the store.  
I made peanut butter first, using 2 cups of roasted peanuts:
Just add the two cups to the food processor, put the lid on, and let it run:
The first stage you will see is the crumble stage:
Next, the crumbles will form themselves into a ball:  
Continue processing and you will see the butter begin to form.  When it starts sticking to the sides like you can see below, it is almost done.  
It took about 3 minutes total.  
The sunflower seeds had less oil in them and tended to stick to the sides more during the crumble stage.  I simply had to stop the processor and scrape down the sides several times throughout the process.  Both butters were delicious!  You can add a little salt and sugar to taste if you don't like it plain.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I just read it to the kids and they understood the directions and it fit with what they see their momma doing! :) I hope people can enjoy making their own nut butters now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so loving the butters! Especially with honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I've just recently met your blog and I've loved it so far. So I want to give you the Liebster Blog Award. Go check out this page to see how it works! Andrea

    http://caracoloax.blogspot.mx/2012/07/el-premio-liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete